The Peer is the colleague who will challenge and stretch you. They often have expertise in an areas of development identified by the individual through their assessment of performance. The responsibilities of the Peer are to:
- Be knowledgeable about the purpose of PGiA and the role of the peer.
- Act as a critical friend in PGiA peer to peer relationships.
- Provide open, constructive, objective and timely feedback to PGiA individuals.
- Act as a mentor in an area of expertise for a peer where appropriate.
- Actively listen and ask critical questions to support the individual in identifying their growth needs.
- Be clear about what you can provide i.e. the scope of the peer relationship.
- Reflect on and be receptive to feedback from the Individual about your effectiveness as a peer.