The Leader is often a work Supervisor/Team Leader or Head of Department who will lead, model and guide the members of the team through the PGiA process. The Leader is:
- Clear about the strategic directions of the school/directorate/team and the need for aligned collective as well as individual improvement goals.
- Knowledgeable about the purpose of PGiA and the purpose of the roles within the framework.
- Provides open, constructive, objective and timely feedback to PGiA individuals.
- Actively listens and asks questions in PGiA professional conversations.
- Ensures alignment of individual PGiA goals with school/directorate/team/unit/system goals and that the goals are achievable.
- Considers requests for formal and informal professional development in line with 70:20:10 and approve at discretion.
- Enable opportunities for formal and informal learning to support the Individual achieving goals in line with 70:20:10.
- Connects new staff members with a PGiA peer as part of their Onboarding process.
- Initiates and leads PGiA meetings with Individuals.